Doctor insights on:
Which Vitamins Should I Take
Healthy diet: Simple answer is eating a healthy balanced diet and exercise (physical and mental). If you happen to be deficient (or even borderline) in b12, thiamine, vitamin d, or vitamin e, so have a doctor check. Avoid smoking and keep alcohol to < 2 drinks/day maximum. Most any multivitamin is a decent insurance policy against dietary deficiencies. Ginkgo might help, but it thins blood like aspirin. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I'm 34yr and i want to try having a baby, which vitamins should I take and when should I stop taking them?
Just eat healthy: Male or female, there's little reason to think that taking glitzy supplements will help you become a parent. I trust you're eating a generally healthy diet, for your own sake. A woman planning to conceive does well to be sure she has enough Folic Acid and iron on board. What you can get in a cheap drugstore-chain vitamin-&-mineral tab is plenty. Good luck & stay proactive. ...Read more
Folic acid, DHA: The most important nutrient to have in sufficient amounts before pregnancy is folic acid, which prevents certain birth defects. This is in dark leafy greens, beans & lentils but can be taken as part of a prenatal as well. While not technically a vitamin, dha from fish oil (or algae) is important for proper neurological development but is not as essential before pregnancy-you can add when pregnant. ...Read more
B vitamins: Talk with your physician, but most can benefit from a good b complex containing b6, thiamine, b12, folate, niacin, riboflavin, etc. Alternately, you could use a high-quality multivitamin that offers these as well as antioxidants and minerals. Magnesium in the form of magnesium glycinate is very helpful, and less likely than other forms to cause diarrhea. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which vitamin b supplements should i take if stressed at 55
- Which vitamin d supplement should i take
- Which vitamins should i take for acne
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What supplemental vitamins should i take as a 22 year old?
- Should i take vitamin b12 or b complex
- How much vitamin b12 should i take for weight loss?
- What kind of vitamins should i take to lose weight?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free