Doctor insights on:
Which Organ System Help Deliver Oxygen To Body Cells
I recently quit smoking. What supplements help increase oxygen to my red blood cells and get the carbon monoxide out of system. To restore my health?
Smoking cessation: Your body will clear the carbon monoxide itself, but the process is slow (weeks) since the binding of carbon monoxide to the hemoglobin molecule is so tight. The best thing you can do is to exercise which will increase the oxygen in your circulation, which will displace the carbon monoxide. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
O2: Affects the body by increasing the delivery of o2 to the tissues that need it. This is only effective when there is o2 deprivation state as in hypoxemia of many causes or sepsis or in some poisoning to reverse the occupation of the poison on the hemoglobin so o2 can be carried and delivered. It can kill anaerobic bacteria. In other cases, it is all without proof of need. O2 is kreb's cycle. ...Read more
Increasing blood volume with florinef will it dilute blood and cause less red blood cells as more liquid so less oxygen to organ per beat?
Many things: Not sure why you think you need this, but to get more oxygen first check you levels of red blood cells (RBC's)& hemoglobin- if abnormal correct as your RBC's transport oxygen. If RBC's are too big (high MCV) they have difficulty squeezing thru microcapillaries. High blood viscosity also interferes with microcirculation. See if fibrinogen is high.Thin blood with curcumin & fish oil. See my comment: ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood, proteins: Hi. The circulatory system (i.e., blood) carries hormones around the body. Some hormones are bound to specific or not-specific proteins in the circulation. ...Read more
If you have low levels of heme due to red blood cell infection, will your body feel deprived of oxygen?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which organ or body system is affected with skin cancer
- Does aloe vera juice bring oxygen to the cells in the body?
- How can fat cells be able to help people with spinal cord injuries?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Foods which help to induce ovulation
- Why is the respiratory system important to the human body?
- How to help your body produce more melanin?
- How does the small intestine work with other systems to keep the body healthy?
- Which organ carries oxygen and food around the body