Doctor insights on:
Which Organ Carries Oxygen And Food Around The Body
I just asked about carbon monoxide exposure, and want to know if inhaling pure oxygen or eating certain foods can rebuild my body's strength. ?
Hyperbaric oxygen: Acute carbon monoxide (co) poisening can be treated with hyperbaric oxygen, 100% oxygen at 2-3x atmospheric pressure can displace co that would otherwise be irreversably bound to the hemaglobin. This is probably enhanced by disolving much more oxygen in the bloodstream itself than normal. This would not be helpful for minor chronic exposure like smoking. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The aorta: It's not an organ but that is your answer. ...Read more
Yes: Multi-organ failure generally indicates a critical illness that affects multiple organ systems & delivery of oxygen can be compromised as lungs are generally also involved. Most patients are in the icu, on ventilatory support & continuous infusions with medications to maintain their circulation & heart function. Oxygen is the basic fuel for all cellular metabolic processes. ...Read more
Increasing blood volume with florinef will it dilute blood and cause less red blood cells as more liquid so less oxygen to organ per beat?
Can you heal or reverse brain damage cause at birth from lack of blood and oxygen to the brain with healing foods or any break through medications?
I'm sorry: Please forgive my frankness. Charlatans prey on the desperation of handicapped people to make money. Anyone offering you "healing foods" or some magic supplement is trying to scam you. However, there are whole practices of medicine that focus on helping folks with this kind of disability -- not with the hope of cure or reversing the tissue injury, but making life easier and more enjoyable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood, proteins: Hi. The circulatory system (i.e., blood) carries hormones around the body. Some hormones are bound to specific or not-specific proteins in the circulation. ...Read more
Blood stream: Nutrients that nourish the host are transported via the circulatory system to reach cells requiring the needed energy to properly function. Before nutrients are transported, ingested food is broken down into a more transportable size. This occurs in the digestive system. . Once broken down, nutrients moves into your small intestines, where they are absorbed into the circulation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the rate at which food is converted to energy expended by the body?
- Which organ system help deliver oxygen to body cells
- Which structure in the body is responsible for the absorption of nutrients from food
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which food to eat to increase ferritin in the body
- Does the use of olive oil in food gradually dissolve hardened fat and oil out of the body?
- What foods are high in estrogen and what can they do to the female body?
- How to get oxygen in the body and brain?
- How can food water and oxygen pass from the blood vessels into the body cells?