Doctor insights on:
Which Keloids Are Treatable With Steroid Injections
Can steroid injections on new keloids trigger the return of old ones that had flattened naturally years before. If yes, what to do?
Not typically: Any new injury may trigger keloid recurrence but steroid injection do not typically do this. ...Read more
Recieved overdose of steroid injection into keloid and now there is discoloration on the skin should I be worried ? Will it return to normal ?
I have a keloid grown 15 years back on the right shoulder from a small operation. I tried steroid injection several times, not worked. What options?
I got my ear pierced and developed a keloid (piercing didn't close). With steroid injections is there a chance it will grow back to its original size?
PISR: If you had a recent piercing and developed a lump it could be due to infection and in this situation see your doctor for treatment of the infection & avoid steroids. If your physician or plastic surgeon have told you that you have a true keloid then they will recommend pisr treatment sequence (pressure, injection, surgery, radiation) or a variation thereof.Steroid shots will not cause the recurrence. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I've three keloids on my ears due to piercing. Should i go for steroid injections? Are they safe ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which otc allergy meds are safe to use with diazepam
- What are some long term effects of epidural steroid injections?
- Are there any sexual side effects of steroid injections?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why are my arms and legs tingle after steroid injection?
- Which vaccines are safe with porphyria
- Which are the best vitamins to take with hypo thyroid
- What are the dangers of treating bladder incontinence with botox injections?
- Talk to a dermatologist online