Doctor insights on:
Which Is The Best Medicine For Typhide Infection And High Esr
Extreme fatigue and swollen lymph nodes. Checked out by surgeon. CBC: White blood cells in normal range, lymphocytes 53% ESR and CRP ok. No fever, I gained weight. Doctors say an infection. Ideas?
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Depends: Typhoid fever is produced by a bacteria (salmonella typhi) and the sensitivity of this organism will vary depending upon where you got it. From you name, would suspect northwestern india. You can get the latest data on antibacterial sensitivity from a cdc web site. The ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is a non-specific indicator of inflammation and will resolve with your typhoid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Would a platlet. And ESR be elevated but WBC be normal from an infection? Or if it were infection wouldn't the WBC be high too? Autoimmune run in fam!
Too young: Please have an adult ask for you we cannot accept a question from a minor. Sorry! ...Read more
What fact i have high SGOT,SGPT,GGT. But not hepatitis. As now my liver test is back to normal but my ESR 51. I worry ,the infection recurred. ?
4 yrs ago I had really bad fever, bronchitis, sinus infection and my ESR was 110. 4 weeks later, i felt much better & retested it was slightly elevated 2 points but almost normal. retest? i feel fine
ESR - sed rate: An 'elevated sedimentation rate' or ESR is a non-specific marker of inflammation. Several things can affect that lab result: age (older = higher), the blood count (anemia = higher), and inflammation among other things. Given that it's normalized, I would rest assured. Remember, lab tests only matter in the context of disease. If you feel 100% then I trust that. No need to retest at this time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If balanitis is caused by bacterial infection, would blood test show elevated blood counts or ESR,CRP?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best medicine for sinus congestion and a cough?
- Best remedy or medicine for stye and what is the reason why i always have stye
- What is the best and safest biological medicine avalibile for treating psoriasis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which treatment works the best and fastest for upper respiratory tract infection
- What is the best medicine for cough and colds and colds?
- Which treatment works the best and fastest for adenovirus infection
- Which treatment works the best and fastest for bacterial infection
- Talk to a pathologist online for free