Doctor insights on:
Which Is The Best Anti Inflammatory Over The Counter For Trigger Thumb
I had trigger thumb and carpal tunnel surgery on March 17, 2015. I still have numbness,tingling, tightness,sensitivity,is this normal ?
Yes: It takes time for the inflamed tissue to heal both from where the surgery was done and from around the nerve that was injured. Then it will take time for the nerve itself to heal. I just had this discussion with my hand surgeon. The nerve heals approximately 1-2 mm a day not counting the first month after surgery. Give it time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does squeezing on a stress ball help w trigger thumb & please adv also what other ways to treat besides splint & anti inflamatory drugs, desperate, no ins?
Nsaids: There is really no best over the counter nsaid. Ibuprofen comes in many varieties such as motrin, advil, nuprin etc while aleve is the otc variety of naprosyn. Aleve probably works a little faster but is more likely to irritate your stomach. There are prescription nsaids which are less likely to bother your stomach. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Painful triggering: Trigger thumb is a stenosing (constricting) tenosynovitis resulting in inflammation and pain, often worsened by movement. When the symptoms are severe, triggering or catching at the thumb may be noted. Non-operative modalities include anti-inflammatory medication, temporary splinting, and corticosteroid injection. Open trigger thumb release may be warranted for recalcitrant cases. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: The triggering or clicking is caused by some swelling of the tendon as it tries to slide through a fascial pulley or tube. If the swelling is severe enough, it can cause the finger to get stuck in a flexed position and this can be painful to straighten out. You can try a splint, anti-inflammatory medication or a cortisone injection to treat this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for trigger thumb?
- Which is the best anti inflammatory over-the-counter
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best over-the-counter treatment for eczema on the face?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for sore throat and sinus?
- What is best over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free