Doctor insights on:
Which Heart Valves That Are Anchored By Chordae Tendinae
The mitral &: Tricuspid.Get a more detailed answer ›
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
4 locations: The first valve blood crosses is the tricuspid valve between the right atrium and right ventricle. Blood then flows across the pulmonic valve between the right ventricle and the lungs on its way to the lungs where it picks up oxygen and discards waste. It returns to the left atrium and crosses the mitral valve between the left atrium and left ventricle. It then exits across the aortic valve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Prevent leak-back: The valves keep the blood moving forward in the circulatory system. The blood moves in starts and stops, with each heart beat. So to keep it moving forward and to prevent it from leaking back when the heart relaxes, there are one-way valves in place, much like the locks and dams in the panama canal. ...Read more
Huh?: I really don't understand your question. Sorry. ...Read more
Analyse risk/benefit: Artificial heart valves came on the medical scene in 1961. Prior to these life savers, open heart surgeons could repair damaged heart valves. A valve repair might last 1 to 6 years. The question you need answered is... Without a heart valve how will my health be? From that point you can get the risk of implanting and maintaining your new valve. Take a friend/family with you to help decide. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What heart valves are anchored by chordae tendineae?
- Why do the semilunar valves not have chordae tendinae?
- What could happen if the chordae tendinae ruptured in right valve area?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Function of the chordae tendineae
- Where is the chordae tendinae located
- How does a chordae tendinae rupture?
- Are the chordae tendinae located in both ventricles?
- Talk to a cardiologist online