Doctor insights on:
Which Foods Help Fight Arthritis Pain
Foods for Arthritis: Cauliflower contains several anti-inflammatory nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, selenium and vitamin k. Vitamin k helps regulates the inflammatory response, and omega-3 fatty acids is a type of fat believed to have anti-inflammatory abilities. Cauliflower also contains selenium, a substance that helps strengthen the immune system, and indole-3-carbinol, a molecule to prevent inflammation. ...Read more
Does inflammation from obesity contribute to things like arthritis pain and the development of food allergies?
Obesity is fat: The causes of obesity are many but I am unaware of any relationship to increased allergies. Arthritis is well- proven as a result of the mechanical insults of over-weight and abnormal weight-bearing. Lack of exercise is only half the common cause of obesity. Overeating, the other half, may be due to many things including anxiety and stress that could aggravate allergies. ...Read more
Lots: There are many options for treatment. Medications like anti-inflammatory options like ibuprofen, naproxen, etc. Other options include synvisc/euflexxa injections to help lubricate the joint or even platelet/stem cell therapies as well. Generally these options are not covered by your insurance though. Check out Regenexx.Com. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Flaxseed for arthrit: There are no botanicals or oils scientifically shown to prevent the advancement of arthritis, but flax seed taken as 2 tablespoons of flax seed meal per day has been shown in some studies to decrease pain of arthritis. This is probably due to the anti inflammatory aspect of the omega acids in the flax seed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which foods help with repairs of knee cartilage
- What food or drinks can help make my heartburn pain go away?
- Foods which help to induce ovulation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can coconut oil help with arthritis pain?
- What type of food and drinks can make the pain from arthritis better or worse?
- Foods that help fight mucus
- Foods that help fight acne cold sores and high blood pressure
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free