Doctor insights on:
Which Exercises Should I Do To Fix Bow Legs
None: If you're talking about a baby, then bowed legs often straighten themselves out. If you're talking toddler at or around age two, then you need an evaluation from a pediatric orthopedist. If you're asking about an adult, then the answer is still none. The shape of your legs is the shape of your legs. But exercise is still a good idea. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bowlegs is a condition in which the knees remain wide apart when a person stands with the feet and ankles together. Infants are born bowlegged because of their folded position in the uterus. The infant's bowed legs begin to straighten once the child starts to walk and the legs begin to bear weight (about 12 to 18 months old). Normal appearance is usually attained by the time the child is 3 years old. At this time, a child can usually stand with the ankles together and the knees just touch. If the bowed legs persist into this period, the ...Read more
I ha ve slightly bow legs does it can be cure by some exercises or ebooks preferred in the internet or they just fake?
I'm 19 & have bow legs. Is there any way to correct/better them non-surgically. e.g. brace or specific exercises? If not, what would surgery entail?
No: Braces are helpful only for children who still have growth left; in adults, offloading braces can help with the symptoms but do not correct the deformity itself. The surgery involves breaking your leg and placing it in aore corrected position and then holding it in that position with usually plates and screws for approximately 8 weeks until the leg heals in the corrected position. ...Read more
No- bony angulation: Proximal tibial osteotmies ar the classic surgical cure for symptomatic bowed legs (varus alignment). Newest techniques involve a low morbidity approach to correct the alignment to neutral via placement of a peek plastic plate and screws (invisible on xrays) supporting an intervening wedge of bone graft substitute (dark wedge on xray). Full weight bearing in a locked brace is possible by 10 days. ...Read more
I m 23 and i have bow legs and i dont want to do make any surgery .. i m seeking physical exercise ...can it work ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there anything i can do to fix bow legs?
- What kind of exercises can i do to keep my leg strong with a fractured tibia?
- What exercises should i do to get a gap between my thighs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exercises can i do to get my buttocks and legs bigger?
- I dislocated my shoulder which exercises can i do to stop the pain
- Can you tell me if there are exercises i can do to improve my leg claudication?
- Pelvic bone is hurting when i turn to lying on inside what should i do to fix it
- Talk to a pediatrician online