Doctor insights on:
Which Exercises Increase The Range Of Motion After Bilateral Knee Replacement
ROM exercises: Common range of motion (rom) exercises are heel slides, cycling, and wall slides. These are started early in physical therapy. More vigorous rom exercises would be things like stair lunges. Most importantly, you should consult with a licensed physical therapist for a full evaluation to address your specific rom limitations and they will prescribe appropriate exercises for your particular case. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it possible to have full use and range of motion after knee replacement? Will my knee be just as good as new after knee replacement, or will there be less range of motion or other limitations?
Will a full knee replacement eliminate my full range of motion, im worried do to the fact that im 31, mechanic and three kids and osteotomy is not opti?
How soon after a total knee replacement can someone use a continuous passive motion exercise machine?
How soon after a total knee replacement could someone use a continuous passive motion (cpm) exercise machine?
Six weeks ago I had a total knee replacement. At this point, what degree or motion should my knee be bending at?
90 degrees or more: Can vary with each patient.Get a more detailed answer ›
See below please: 1-quadriceps sets tighten your thigh muscle. Try to straighten your knee. Hold for 5 to 10 seconds. 2-straight leg raises 3-ankle pumps 4-knee straightening exercises 5-bed-supported knee bends 6-sitting supported knee bends 7-sitting unsupported knee bends 7-walking 8-stair climbing and descending 9-standing knee bends 10-sted knee bends 11-exercycling you could find detail on this web site. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Strength and motion: Patients lose 30-50% of muscle strength after tka and have to exercise to regain that strength. Leg raising, walking, and progressive exercises to improve the quadriceps function will help. Motion exercises include bending the knee to regain flexion and full extension (straightening). These should be done 3-4 times/day. Bending, biking, and pulling on the leg in flexion will help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Exercises to increase range of motion after total knee replacement
- Range of motion exercises after ankle replacement surgery
- How to improve the range of motion in your knee through exercises?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Exercises to increase range of motion of the shoulder
- Range of motion exercises after knee surgery
- Which is the best exercise equipment to use after a knee replacement
- Active assisted range of motion exercises for the hand wrist elbow and shoulder
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free