Doctor insights on:
Which Complications Have Resulted From The Use Of Bioabsorbable Bone Screws
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Am considering bunionectomy for moderate bunion. Dr wants to use a screw and I am opposed. is there any way to cut and realign bone without using scr?
PROBABLY, BUT....: There are many ways to cut the bone, to fix the bunion. Thinking of the various osteotomies, I think all can be stabilized with K-wires, which can be removed later. The advantage to screws is that they really compress the bone together; K-wires don't provided compression, only hold the bone together. Also, there are "dissolving" pins or screws; ask your surgeon if this is an option. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
S2 (racepinephrine) cyst with symptoms. Doc said removal surgery involves cutting 1 bone n use screws. Any simpler n less risky method?
3rd and 4th metacarpals broken. have 1 screw for each of the broken bones. they used volar slab as a cast. it is possible to use ulnar gutter slab?
Yes: Are removal or orthopedic fixation devices (eg. Screws/plates), the bones remodel and fill in the defects left by the hardware. ...Read more
"Forever": The hardware used to repair bone is usually stainless steel or a titanium alloy. It can last for one’s lifetime. There is one caveat, if a fracture does not heal then the screws, plates, rods, etc., used in fracture fixation can fail, that is, break. Also if the fracture does not heal screws or wires can start to back out and cause some problems that could make it necessary to remove them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the incidence of complications resulting from epidurals?
- How long should the screws in my tibia from an orif be protruding past my bone?
- Which laxative can i use if i have hemorrhoids
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the remedies for psychomotor agitation resulting from ssri use?
- I have sextual problem so which from get type doctor
- Have eyeglass cleaner from years ago safe to use has a fume
- My index finger is aching could i have possibly have arthritic bone from overuse
- Complications bone screws