Doctor insights on:
Which Complications Have Resulted From The Use Of Bioabsorbable Bone Screws
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
S2 cyst with symptoms. Doc said removal surgery involves cutting 1 bone n use screws. Any simpler n less risky method?
3rd and 4th metacarpals broken. have 1 screw for each of the broken bones. they used volar slab as a cast. it is possible to use ulnar gutter slab?
Rigid fixation: Not all fractures need fixation with plates and screws. Generally, plates and screws are necessary if a fracture is badly displaced (out of position) and if not fixed with a plate and screws, the fracture still may heal but it may heal in a position that affects the function of the limb or joint. Also, they are often needed to fix fractures involving joint surfaces. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
"Forever": The hardware used to repair bone is usually stainless steel or a titanium alloy. It can last for one’s lifetime. There is one caveat, if a fracture does not heal then the screws, plates, rods, etc., used in fracture fixation can fail, that is, break. Also if the fracture does not heal screws or wires can start to back out and cause some problems that could make it necessary to remove them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a sharp pain on the inside of my foot is it a bone spur
- I have a sore on the inside of my cheek by my jaw bone
- What are the main symptoms of shock from breaking a bone or other major injury?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does the size of my penis could prevent me from having kids?
- What are the complications of having low iron saturation levels?
- Can caffeine have an effect on the use of lexapro?
- How long should the screws in my tibia from an orif be protruding past my bone?
- What is the incidence of complications resulting from epidurals?