Doctor insights on:
Which Are The Normal Blood Levels Labs For Celiac Disease
In Celiac disease the body reacts to gluten (in wheat and gluten like proteins in rye and barley) in the small intestine causing damage. This limits the intestine's ability to absorb some nutrients. Classically people have loose stool, bloating, and abdominal discomfort but more often are just found when screened for other reasons (like symptoms of a nutritional deficiency like ...Read more
Very high B12 blood level, low iron, rt side ab pain despite very strict gfdiet for celiac disease, not on vitamins.What could cause high B12 levels?
High B12 and folate: Levels are caused by their accumulation and non use in the body. I have seen it related to vitramin b1 deficiency. Worth trying. ...Read more
Anti-tTG first: In suspected celiac disease / gluten enteropathy / sprue, the cheap screening test is the anti-ttg (tissue transglutiminase); followup may include the more costly IgA anti-endomysial antibdies (ema), biopsy of the gut, and/or a trial of a gluten-free diet. No one knows how common celiac disease really is; what matters is whether gluten elimination ultimately helps you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the normal ranges for blood glucose levels?
- What are the normal potassium levels for an infant?
- What are the normal ranges for estrogen levels for a 25 yr old female?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are normal blood glucose levels for women that are pregnant?
- What is the normal range for blood glucose level?
- What is the normal iron level in blood for women?
- What is the normal range for blood sugar levels?
- Talk to an allergist online for free