Doctor insights on:
Which Are The Benefits Of Using Kefir In My Diet
Probiotic, vits,min: Kefir is a fermented dairy product, similar to but different from yogurt. Both will have probiotic (gut friendly)bacteria, are low lactose dairy (bacteria digest some of the lactose), good source of protein, calcium, magnesium , b6, b12, phosphorus; tasty and nutritious. Drink up! ...Read more
I'd like to ask about kefir and probiotics and if is it allowed in dairy diet for lactose intolerance patient?
Probably: Probiotic usually contains no dairy. The amount of lactose is usually much lower in yogurt such as kefir but I have found that the more liquidy yogurt may not be tolerated by some lactose-intolerant people and thus you will have to find out yourself as to which brand or type of yogurt you can tolerate. Another approach would be taking lactase tab prior to consuming dairy. ...Read more
Not relevant, sorry: Kefir is not a weight loss agent. Big people get big by eating big people food...wheat, sugar, potatoes, fruit juice, soda, artificial sweeteners...etc. If you are serious about losing weight, then stop eating these highly addictive foods. Then calories, time of day, and even amount of food is no longer important....your body will seek the weight it wants to be. www.blatmanhealthandwellness.com ...Read more
Against some: Kefir has probiotics which are "good" bacteria. Probiotics have been shown to be helpful in shortening the time course or minimizing the severity of certain kinds of diarrhea but not all types. Consult your physician to determine if probiotics will be effective for the type of diarrhea you have. ...Read more
Weight loss: The best thing for weight loss is to burn more calories than what you take in. Eating small portions of well balanced meals and exercising regularly will keep you fit and healthy. Kefir is a good source of calcium, try to drink the low fat one, has less calories. Take care! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the benefits of celtic sea salt in the diet?
- What are the benefits of sea salt in your diet?
- What are the benefits of unsaturated fats in a diet?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the benefits of unsaturated fats in a balanced diet?
- What are the benefits of protein when included in a balanced diet?
- Whar are the realistic chances of stomach cancer in my 20s
- What does it mean if i have pain in the left part of my back where my ribs are?
- What are the benefits of proteins in a balanced diet?