Doctor insights on:
Where On The Chest Do You Push When You Do Cpr Chest Compressions
Broadly speaking, cardioplumonary resuscitation (cpr), is the act of compressing the heart in an effort to create blood flow. This is typically performed as "external" or "closed chest" cpr, as taught by the america heart association. When performed with assisted ventilation, it is possible to deliver enough oxygen to the heart for it to regain its ability to ...Read more
Chest compressions: In 2010 the aha revised their CPR guidelines to change the order in which care was initiated. Previously the recommendation had been to follow the order abc (which stood for airway, breathing, circulation (compressions)). The new recommendation is abbreviated cab- reflecting an emphasis on compressions. In fact, if you'd rather not give mouth to mouth breathing- compression only CPR is fine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Child cpr question - is the breathing and chest compressions the same or almost the same as for adults?
CPR: Chest compressions are a component of CPR. For a good explanation check out: http://www.emergencymedicaled.com/213CPR%20InDepth.htm ...Read more
ABC: Airway........Breathing........Circulation.Get a more detailed answer ›
I took a CPR class today & we were doing chest compressions all day. Now my left hand is swollen & my left arm is starting to hurt. Is this okay?
At least a 100/min: In 2010, the aha updated their CPR guidelines. One of the changes was that they recommended a compression rate of at least a 100/min, whether it is an infant, child or adult. Another major changes is the sequence= it is now c-a-b instead of a-b-c. For a synopsis of the new changes, click here: http://firstaid.About.Com/od/cpr/qt/09_2010_cpr_guidelines.Htm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How hard do you have to push when you are doing chest compressions in cpr?
- Can you do push ups the day after a chest workout?
- The middle of my chest hurts when i do push ups or lift weights
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get over the hump of a plateau when on a diet?
- What can you do about a knife cut on the knuckle part of finger?
- When do you ovulate on metformin
- When do you start your period on yaz
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free