Doctor insights on:
Where Is A Cholecystectomy Done
I just had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy done about 8 hours ago and was wondering if it's ok to lay on my left side or should I stay on my back?
Which side: Make you comfortable , should talk to your surgeon ...Read more
No: this would not be possibleGet a more detailed answer ›
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy done two days ago. Slowly make it around the house but mostly rest/sleep still. How long and when do I wear ted hose?
Got a cholecystectomy done and the doctor gaved me this APAP W/CODEINE 300/30MG TABS [TEVA i feel really nauseous is it the medicine?
Depends: A common side effect of acetaminophen (APAP/Tylenol) with codeine is nausea. However, there are other reasons a postoperative patient can have nausea and these are best discussed with the surgeon who performed the operation. Wishes for a speedy recovery! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Esophageal spasms 8 months after cholecystectomy. Had tests done no acid reflux Les works fine. Is this normal or its caused by something such bile?
Spasms: Esophageal spasms, also known as DES, is not normal, but the cause is poorly understood. Symptoms are typically chest pain, difficulty swallowing, and sometimes reflux. Just because LES is ok doesn't mean there is not GERD, which can be cause by frequent LES opening randomly. Drugs such as nitrates, and same class as Viagra could help. Hope this helps! ...Read more
Anatomy: If you can't get there (safely) from here (the belly button), due to excessive scar tissue, odd anatomy, or other factors, then open cholecystectomy is chosen. Sometimes there are factors that can not be determined until the procedure has started, and the surgeon looks inside. Roughly about 10% or less of laparoscopic procedures get converted to open ones. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- From the socket where wisdom tooth removal was done there is a bad taste
- Where is a blood alcohol level usually done at a hospital
- Where on the body is a bone marrow biopsy done
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Where is a scrotal ultrasound usually done at a hospital
- Where in the vertebral column is a lumbar puncture generally done
- Where is an anoscopy usually done at a hospital
- Where is an ureteroscopy usually done at a hospital
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free