Doctor insights on:
Where Does Blood Go After It Goes To The Mitral Valve
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
Can I get a tattoo after a mechanical mitral valve replacement and now on Coumadin (blood thinners)?
No: You should be on antibiotics in advance to minimize chance of infection. You also are going to bleed because of the coumadin. I doubt your cardiologist will stop Coumadin for a tattoo.If you decide to do this there may be bleeding in the skin which will affect the appearance of the tattoo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can traces of regrutation of mitral valve, triscupid, and pulmonic cause blood clots and arrthythmias with symptoms, such as chest discomfort, etc?
Radiologist answer: "Trace" regurge of any heart valve is not expected to be clinically significant, until it gets worse. Large clots in the heart are seen on routine echocardiography (see picture). Smaller ones are investigated by endoscopic echo (a probe is placed in the esophagus for better detail). Causes for chest discomfort and arrhythmias are many and should be looked for by a cardiologist. ...Read more
Is it safe to get blood drawn (complete panels, thyroid, cortisol, etc) if you have mitral valve prolapse? Are there risks?
Completely safe: They use all new sterile equipment every time. It is highly unlikely there will be any problems with getting your blood drawn. Sometimes they recommend prophylactic antibiotics before going to the dentist, as having your teeth cleaned can release lots of bacteria into your bloodstream, and if you have a floppy valve, sometimes they set up home in your heart (you never want bacteria doing that) :P ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
"Flight socks and aspirin won’t stop blood clots,says professor"in the UK 2013/50 Fit male Mitral Valve Repair2yrs ago for2x6hr flights Flight Socks?
Agree: Such measures are useful but cannot guarantee being clot free ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for scabies to go away after permethrin cream?
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- Is it possible to ovulate the week after going off the pill?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Time to cure scabies with treatment
- Fat cheeked after hard root canal how many does it take for swelling to go away
- Does acne go away after it present itself in the age of 20 or redness of skin?
- How long should it take after hitting my quad hard for the swelling to go down?
- Talk to a cardiologist online