Doctor insights on:
Where Do Saturated Fats Come From
Are the same natural saturated fats that come when a woman breastfeed her child vs formula? What do you think?
Not the same: Breastmilk is unique in that fat composition varies over the duration of the feeding as well as timing of the feeding. Infant formulas have been modified to approach breastmilk composition. Babies who are breastfed are less likely to obese as children and adults. Breastmilk is the gold standard. ...Read more
Synthetic vs.natural: Trans fats are terrible for health as they are hydrogenated and inflame the artery walls as well as ruining your cholesterol - stay away! saturated fats like butter, coconut oils in reasonable quantities are actually now found to be ok for health and coconut oil in particular has been found to be good for health, especially with memory issues like alzheimers.Meats are saturated, eat in moderation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If saturated fats are a concern, why does an all plant based diet not warn about all the saturated fat in nuts and seeds?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Where do stomach ulcers come from
- Where do ovarian dermoid cysts come from
- Where do pubic crabs come from
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Where do skin tags come from
- Where do lice come from
- Where do the calories in vodka come from
- Where do boils come from
- How to get rid of boils and where do they come from?