Doctor insights on:
Where Are The Discs In Your Back
Rarely: There is controversy on this. The neurology literature shows that it is rarely helpful, and then for a very limited time. There are potential complications. Therefore I do not recommend using it to treat disc herniation pain. Orthopedists generally have a different opinion about this topic, and use this treatment more. Bed rest and decompressing the disc help, unless there is motor weakness. ...Read more
Likely no relation: A high percentage of people without any back or leg symtoms have silent low back herniated discs or variations thereof. Herniated discs, when symptomatic usually present with sciatic symptoms, i.e., nerve type leg pain with or without back pain. While you may have a 'clinically asymptomatic' disc disruption it's highly unlikely to be related to an isolated "pinch" in your low back. Cheers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
You have options: The burning pain should be treated by neuropathic agents like Lyrica (pregabalin) or nortriptyline. Opiates should be minimized. Light physical therapy should be performed. Try not to be sedentary. Interventional pain management may be able to ease your pain with some procedures. Surgery is a last resort. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Where are lungs located in your back
- What is the treatment for a bulging disc in your back?
- Where are your kidneys located on your back in women
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Where are your lungs located front or back
- Where does your back hurt with kidney stones
- Where does your back hurt with kidney disease
- Where are your kidneys located on a woman's back
- What are discs in your back made of?