Doctor insights on:
Where Are The Chordae Tendinae Located
Below: The chordae tendinae are attached to the underside of the tricuspid (right side of the heart between the right atrium and right ventricle) and the mitral valve (left side of the heart between the left atrium and left ventricle). The attach much the same way that the chords of a parachute attach to the chute. The transmit the forces to pull open the valve and align it to close properly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Papillary muscles: They are papillary muscles.Get a more detailed answer ›
Pelvis: In the pelvis.Get a more detailed answer ›
Sides and internal: There are internal ligaments the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments. There are also ligaments along the sides of the knee called the lateral and medial collateral ligaments. See this site for clear pictures. http://www.newhealthadvisor.com/Ligaments-of-the-Knee.html ...Read more
4 locations: The first valve blood crosses is the tricuspid valve between the right atrium and right ventricle. Blood then flows across the pulmonic valve between the right ventricle and the lungs on its way to the lungs where it picks up oxygen and discards waste. It returns to the left atrium and crosses the mitral valve between the left atrium and left ventricle. It then exits across the aortic valve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Aortic Valve: The aortic valve is an integral part of the heart and is located between the left ventricle and the aorta. It opens when the left ventricle contracts (systole) and allows blood to be pumped into the aorta. It closes when the left ventricle fills (diastole). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
IV septum: it is the wall between the two ventricles ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Chordae tendinae
- Function of the chordae tendineae
- How does a chordae tendinae rupture?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which heart valves that are anchored by chordae tendinae
- What are the enlarged muscles in ventricles attached to chordae tendinae?
- What structure does the chordae tendinae hold in place?
- Which heart valves are anchored by chordae tendinae to the heart muscle
- Where is the chordae tendinae located