Doctor insights on:
When Will My Bowels Return To Normal After A Colonoscopy
Is it normal to have stomach pain and not passing gas and no movement in bowels one day after colonoscopy?
Is urgency to empty bowels in the morning normal? Stools come out in smaller pieces. Family history of crohns. Colonoscopy clear.
R/O IBS: IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion. IUC/CROHNS DZ/IBD is inflammation usually DX by BX IBS SX can be managed .You need a full exam and blood work. Especially screen for H pylori . Also stool screen x 3 for occult blood /parasite/ &colonoscopy./EGD While you are getting these items checked out you should stick to a gluten free diet . Ie gutbliss.com and Wholeapproach.com TXPROBIOTICS/LEVSIN/BENTYL ...Read more
+ fatigue, right and back pain, irregular bowels. Colonoscopy normal apart from mid section inflammation, US + bloods normal incl. celiac test. Advice?
Is it normal to have an absence of a bowel movement for a number of days occur after a colonoscopy?
Yes, the bowel pres: Probably cleaned you out so well that no stool is left to come out for a few days. If you are passing flatus, don't worry, stool will come. ...Read more
Is it normal after having a colonoscopy to eat a sandwhich and have a bowel movement 10 hours later multiple times?
Yes: colonoscopy is there to examine the colon, one that has been cleaned out by oral meds such as GoLYTLY. This usually cleans out most of the bowel but more proximally in the rt. colon and distal small bowel residual food products persist. Eating a sandwhich and having a bowel movement 10 hrs later especially if multiple doesn't represent the digested sandwich but the residual content after prep. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When will my uterus be back to normal after giving birth
- When can you return to work after a colonoscopy
- Will my emotions return to normal after pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When will normal hearing after a major ear infection come back
- How soon after hydrocele surgery will my scrotum be back to its normal size?
- Is it normal to be constipated after a colonoscopy?
- Is it normal for my skin to get itchy and dry after a flight?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online