Doctor insights on:
When Will My Ankle Swelling Go Down If I Ice It
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
I have had ankle swelling in both ankles for 3 weeks I am a diabetic i take my pills and insulin i also take meds for high blood pressure I have never had this swelling before and since it will not go down totally what do you think it may be
Many possibilities: Some causes of swelling of the legs can include systemic problems such as hypertension, and problems with the kidneys and localized issues such as arthritis, infection, lymphatic obstruction, blood clots, varicose veins, trauma (fracture, sprain, tendonitis) and side effects to medication. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Would ankle swelling that goes down completely while sleeping be from heart problems? Have pericardial effusion 25 yrs etiology unknown no effect
After 2 wks ??: 2 wks after what ? Elevation helps an ankle support might help as well as knee hi support hose i also frequently have pts wrap the affected ankle with plastic wrap at bed time ( several layers ) this keeps in the body heat and increased the blood flow and may help with the healing process I have used this on pts for over 30 years with frequent good results good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i sprained my knee how long do i ice it ann when do i put heat on it
- If i lose weight will my blood sugar go down
- What is wrong with the arch of my foot it goes down when i stand up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will my blood glucose go down if i lose weight
- How do i get swelling above my eye to go down?
- Will it hurt me if i swallow tonsil stones do they ever go away
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free