Doctor insights on:
When Will I Be Able To Tell If My Baby Has Allergies
2 years and up: Most children need at least 2 years of exposure to environmental allergens before becoming allergic to them, especially in the case of seasonal pollens. Therefore, in regards to environmental allergies causing nasal and ocular symptoms these rarely occur in children less than 2. However, food allergies are different and can occur much earlier. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
For challenges: It can be used to challenge an infant to see if he is allergic. If you suspect an allergy to a specific food., stop the food and the challenge the baby several weeks later to see the response. ...Read more
My 10 wk son has a corn algy, where can I find info on this allergy? What are the odds of growing out it?Avg age babies grow out of allergies?
WHY??: Why has your very young infant consumed corn products already? I would be interested in how this diagnosis was reached. If it was just a blood test, but he has never actually eaten corn, then i would not put a lot of bricks in that basket. And yes, kids can outgrow grain allergies. If your child actually has allergies at that very young age, you need to work closely with an allergist! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if my baby has allergies?
- When will i be able to see my baby on an ultrasound
- How can i tell if my baby has heat rash?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to tell if my baby boy has svt?
- How can i tell if what my baby has is just a cold?
- How can i tell if my baby has a sore throat?
- How can i tell if my baby has a headache?
- Talk to a pediatrician online