Doctor insights on:
When Will A Broken Finger Typically Heal
6 wks w/ proper care: Most fractures take approximately 6 weeks to heal assuming proper care. Finger fractures, although may sound unimportant, can lead to deformity and pain if not properly evaluated and treated. Be sure to see your doctor (family doctor, internist or orthopedic surgeon) for best results. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Finger fracture: Can heal quickly but there are many structures in the hand that combine to give function. Adjacent joints may be slightly arthritiic and be inflamed, tendons and ligaments can be stiff or tight, skin can stay swollen, joints can be inflamed.Muscles can be weak from injury or disuse.Pain in some degree can be from even a slight subtle change in mechanics.Handtherapy can help at times. Times vary. ...Read more
Depends on type: Typically 4 to 6 weeks for initial interval healing at fracture site allowing mobilization and limited use after that time frame. Factors include type of fracture, open or closed reduction, and other medical problems. Smoking and anti-inflammatories adversely effect rate of healing ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When will a broken ankle typically heal
- How long will it take for a broken finger to heal?
- How long will it take a broken finger to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Carbohydrates are typically broken down to
- When does a broken bone start to heal
- What happens to fingers when the tendons are broken?
- How to heal jammed fingers when playing volleyball?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free