Doctor insights on:
When To Stop Taking Pain Medication After Ankle Surgery
Follow guidelines: Make sure you are taking your pain medications as directed, and resting, elevating and icing the ankle as directed. Only be on your foot as much as your doctor instructed. Some postoperative discomfort is normal and expected for a period of time. If the pain is more than expected, or worsening, contact your surgeon immediately. ...Read more
Many possible...: But thankfully they are rare. Possibilities include: wound healing problems, sound infection, joint infection, soft tissue infection, bone infection, hardware failure, improper reduction (alignment), failure to heal, slow healing, failure of the surgery, excessive blood loss, blood vessel damage, nerve damage, tendon damage, cartilage damage, etc. ...Read more
See suggestion: Simple up and down range of motion/ up and down exercise. After four weeks follow this be stationary bike exercise. ...Read more
Depends: It depends on what procedures where performed and how they where performed. Talk to your surgeon. ...Read more
Need more informatio:
It would be best to talk to your surgeon.
They know exactly what procedures where done. ...Read more
It would depend on what ankle surgery was performed.
It would be best to discuss this with your surgeon. ...Read more
The chrisman snook ankle ligament repair is pretty much a historic type of ankle surgery.
It has a long recovery and the most common issue post operative is a stiff ankle.
There are more successful procedures I would advocate such as the modified brostrom reconstruction. ...Read more
Variable: The answer to the question depends on the type of ankle surgery that would need to be performed. This could be as quick as 30 minutes or as long as 3 hours. Recovery would also be the same. The best advice is to ask your surgeon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- What can help fibromyalgia flare up after having surgery?
- What kind of pain medications are given after open carpal tunnel release surgery?
- When will the swelling go down after open carpal tunnel surgery
- When should i stop bleeding after surgery ovarian cyst removal
- Nerve pain after ankle surgery
- Ankle pain after bunion surgery
- How soon can i start exercising after brain surgery?
- Medicine to reduce pain after taking mtp kit
- How much ibuprofin can i take in a day after oral surgery?
- What happens when you leave staples in after a surgery on my wrist for weeks to long?
- Stop taking pain meds
- Numbess and pain after corporal tunnel surgery fail
- Pain when taking a deep breath after a fall on breast
- Remedies for burning ankle pain after vascular surgery
- I have a burning numbness after surgery how long before i regain my feeling
- How long does surgery take to put a ball joint back in the hip?
- Should i take medicine to shrink uterus before surgery
- My doctor precribed prednisone for one week for plantar fasciitis i am scared of side effects what are they
- How long does it take for internal bleeding symptoms to show up after relatively minor blunt force trauma tothe abdomen below the ribs?