Doctor insights on:
When To Stop Taking Pain Medication After Ankle Surgery
Follow guidelines: Make sure you are taking your pain medications as directed, and resting, elevating and icing the ankle as directed. Only be on your foot as much as your doctor instructed. Some postoperative discomfort is normal and expected for a period of time. If the pain is more than expected, or worsening, contact your surgeon immediately. ...Read more
Hello after ankle surgery I was taking 10-325 percocet pills. Now I'm on the 5-325 can I take two of these at one time for all this pain ?
Yes, you can: However, always talk to your doctor before increasing or adding any medicine, ...Read more
How far out?: The answer to this question is dependent on how far out after initial surgery you are. Soon after surgery pain is not unusual, but the further you get in your recovery the pain should decrease. Xrays are very common for initial evaluation of pain post op. Further studies like CT or MRI may be necessary if more detail is needed. Physical therapy is very helpful for post op pain reduction. ...Read more
Severe swelling and pain 6 months after orif ankle surgery. Dr thinks it might be a reaction to the hardware. Any other ideas. Not sure about remove?
Severe pain 2 weeks after ankle surgery still. Can't sleep at night. Is this normal? I had peroneal sublaxtion surgery
I would certainly: Recommend you consult your surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have moderate to severe pain in my forefoot and heel after having ankle surgery almost a year ago. What should I do?
Had ankle surgery after fracture. 7 weeks later i need 2 crutches to walk due to much pain in my heel. What gives? How long? What can I do? I am 64.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How will i know when to ask for pain medications after breast implant surgery?
- When is it safe to drink alcohol after gallbladder surgery
- Is it normal to get lower back pain after a total knee replacement surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When to take vitamin d when you are taking thyroid medication
- Is it ok to still have pain and numbness after herniated disc surgery?
- When to have sex after ovarian cyst surgery
- What to do for swollen ankles after knee surgery?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free