Doctor insights on:
When To Stop Taking Pain Medication After Ankle Surgery
Follow guidelines: Make sure you are taking your pain medications as directed, and resting, elevating and icing the ankle as directed. Only be on your foot as much as your doctor instructed. Some postoperative discomfort is normal and expected for a period of time. If the pain is more than expected, or worsening, contact your surgeon immediately. ...Read more
Many possible...: But thankfully they are rare. Possibilities include: wound healing problems, sound infection, joint infection, soft tissue infection, bone infection, hardware failure, improper reduction (alignment), failure to heal, slow healing, failure of the surgery, excessive blood loss, blood vessel damage, nerve damage, tendon damage, cartilage damage, etc. ...Read more
See suggestion: Simple up and down range of motion/ up and down exercise. After four weeks follow this be stationary bike exercise. ...Read more
Depends: It depends on what procedures where performed and how they where performed. Talk to your surgeon. ...Read more
Need more informatio:
It would be best to talk to your surgeon.
They know exactly what procedures where done. ...Read more
It would depend on what ankle surgery was performed.
It would be best to discuss this with your surgeon. ...Read more
The chrisman snook ankle ligament repair is pretty much a historic type of ankle surgery.
It has a long recovery and the most common issue post operative is a stiff ankle.
There are more successful procedures I would advocate such as the modified brostrom reconstruction. ...Read more
Variable: The answer to the question depends on the type of ankle surgery that would need to be performed. This could be as quick as 30 minutes or as long as 3 hours. Recovery would also be the same. The best advice is to ask your surgeon. ...Read more
How far out?: The answer to this question is dependent on how far out after initial surgery you are. Soon after surgery pain is not unusual, but the further you get in your recovery the pain should decrease. Xrays are very common for initial evaluation of pain post op. Further studies like CT or MRI may be necessary if more detail is needed. Physical therapy is very helpful for post op pain reduction. ...Read more
If I am having ankle surgery at 1 pm and am having a block, can I eat a little something early in the morning?
Ask your surgeon!: Most anesthesia providers require an empty stomach for at least 6-8 hours before surgery. Although you are having a block, you may well also be receiving sedation via intravenous, and this could make you drowsy enough to lose part of your gag reflex, allowing vomit to enter your lungs. Bad! And what if things go poorly with the block and they want to put you to sleep? Now it's unsafe if you ate! ...Read more
Had ankle surgery with plates and pins 2 weeks ago very liitle pain since the first day, is that good., I've been reading horror stories?
Fine: No problem, watch for swelling pain redness follow the dr.'s follow up advice ...Read more
Ankle surgery: It depends on what type of surgery you had for the surgery and how long ago but you will have some pain. If this has been occurring for some time with no dissipation of the pain I would recommend seeing another foot and ankle specialist or orthopedist to see if something else is going on. ...Read more
Hello after ankle surgery I was taking 10-325 percocet pills. Now I'm on the 5-325 can I take two of these at one time for all this pain?
Yes, you can: However, always talk to your doctor before increasing or adding any medicine, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- What can help fibromyalgia flare up after having surgery?
- What kind of pain medications are given after open carpal tunnel release surgery?
- When will the swelling go down after open carpal tunnel surgery
- When should i stop bleeding after surgery ovarian cyst removal
- Nerve pain after ankle surgery
- Ankle pain after bunion surgery
- How soon can i start exercising after brain surgery?
- Medicine to reduce pain after taking mtp kit
- How much ibuprofin can i take in a day after oral surgery?
- What happens when you leave staples in after a surgery on my wrist for weeks to long?
- Stop taking pain meds
- Numbess and pain after corporal tunnel surgery fail
- Pain when taking a deep breath after a fall on breast
- Remedies for burning ankle pain after vascular surgery
- I have a burning numbness after surgery how long before i regain my feeling
- How long does surgery take to put a ball joint back in the hip?
- Should i take medicine to shrink uterus before surgery
- My doctor precribed prednisone for one week for plantar fasciitis i am scared of side effects what are they
- How long does it take for internal bleeding symptoms to show up after relatively minor blunt force trauma tothe abdomen below the ribs?