Doctor insights on:
When To Seek Medical Advice For Gangrene
My mom has develop dry gangrene in toe nails with heavy pain and she could sleep by laying on bed.She seats round the clock.Kindly advice treatment?
Can occur quickly: Fournier gangrene is a soft tissue infection of the groin area, caused by mixed infection of both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. Many patients are diabetic. It is considered a surgical emergency requiring IV antibiotics and surgery to remove dead and infected tissue. In spite of such measures, the mortality rate overall is 40%, but 78% if sepsis is already present at the time of presentation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Two kinds: Dry gangrene is simply dead tissue. It could have been caused by freezing, burns, or a severe interruption of circulation with the necessary nutrients and oxygen wet gangrene is a type of infection of the dead tissue by a very specific bacteria. This bacteria produces a variety of toxins which can spread, cause more dead tissue (necrosis) and kill you. This is an emergency. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Dry or wet?: Either is fairly obvious and requires treatment. Wet unusually associated with progressive necrosis/death of tissues with a foul odor and occasionally has air in fhe tissues characterized by a crunchy sound when pressed. If usually occurs in immunocompromised patients in areas of compromised blood supply. The area is surrounded by increased redness. Dry gangrene tends to exhibit black tissue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually obvious: Gangrene means dead tissue. When infected it is called wet gangrene because the pus makes it wet and smelly. This is an absolute emergency and these people ae usually deathly sick. Dry gangrene is not infected but still should be seen right away because it usually means something needs to be fixed and because it can progress quickly to becoming infected. Both are usually black or gray in color? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When should i seek medical attention for a finger injury
- Any advice on talking to the doctor when i go in for my colonoscopy
- When should i seek medical attention for a severe finger jam
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have vaginal burning when its close to time for my period what does that mean
- When can you have sex after medical abortion boyfriend doesnt want to wait long
- What does it mean when it hurts to pee for males?
- Is buttermilk good for you to drink when pregnant?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online