Doctor insights on:
When To See A Neurologist If Your Hands Or Fingers Get Numb Sometimes
I am experiencing light numbness in the pinky and ring finger and left side of palm on my left hand. Been going on for 3-4 months. Constant numbness. No worse no better. Note I'm right handed. Is a neurologist the correct physician to see?
Hand surgeon: A neurologist would be able to diagnose your problem but I recommend an evaluation by a hand surgeon as your symptoms are consistent with some nerve impingement such as carpal tunnel syndrome and these hand specialists diagnose and treat this condition very often with prescribing braces, corticosteroid injections or surgery. ...Read more
My right hand goes numb, mainly the 3 fingers, swells drastically. Sometimes i get a shock feeling. Hard to grasp things more and more. Getting worse.
I have numb hands in cold weather- Raynaud's? And my ring and pinky finger and sometimes hands are numb in the morning. Who should I go see?
Some of my fingers on my left hand have gone completely numb. At first, they just tingled. Who should I see for this?
Start with your PCP: Without more information, it is difficult to assess who would be best in evaluating the symptoms of numbness. Some options include a neurologist or orthopedic surgeon. Consider starting with your family doctor or internist first. He or she can do some preliminary tests and make the appropriate referral, if necessary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Why does my hands go numb all the time. They get really tingel feeling but never my pinkie finger just the rest. I swap hands while driving.
My hands and fingers hurt all day, they are swollen and warm. Whenever I lay down they get tingling and numb. What should I do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it better to have a ring or a stud when you get your nose pierced?
- Why do you get a strange taste in your mouth when you have a cold or flu?
- Is it okay to get a headache when you get a popped blood vessel in your eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of peeling skin on your hands after having a cast?
- Do i need to see a doctor if i have sprained finger?
- How do you get rid of a staph infection when it seems to be all over your house?
- What to do if you sprain your hand and cant bend your pinkey finger?
- Talk to a neurologist online