Doctor insights on:
When To Get A Digital Rectal Examination As A Guy
A rectal exam is where a practitioner examines the last part of the colon (or rectum) by placing a finger or small plastic scope through the anus. This is important to detect issues such as prostate problems, continence disturbances, rectal cancers, and more. While often uncomfortable for patients it is very short and gives a lot of ...Read more
Consistency: Benign enlargement the gland gets enlarged almost 3 finger size, may not able to reach upper end of prostate, the central grove will disappears, consistency is not hard like malignancy, your urologist is an expert who has knowledge to distinguish from other conditions, finally if needed will do a biopsy to rule out cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
M58, an intern performed digital rectal examination in ER, this flared up hemorrhoids(hope he not made fistula).how to treat this, ?
Had a urologist give me a digital rectal exam and I have an inflamed prostrate. He just told me it will get better and take acidophilus, is this true?
Congestion: The urologist probably felt that your prostate gland was congested rather than infected. If the gland was infected a course of antibiotics would be indicated. Acidophilis shouldn't harm you. Sitting in a tub of warm water is soothing, also. ...Read more
Hello, I am a 41 year old woman who is in good health. At a recent GYN visit, my dr did a digital rectal exam. While I was getting dressed Aftet the dr left the room, I noticed a test called Hemasure on the counter and it was becoming positive. When I met
No age limit: Rectal examination done as a part of physical examination or when indicated to age limit for , male or female. ...Read more
Possible: It is possible and I am sure it has been done. We put things in peoples rear end all the time in medicine - suppositories, exams, enemas, disimpaction, scopes. But I am not sure you could reliably detect anything wrong so it is probably more curiosity than utility. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When i try to poop i get a sharp pain in my testicals
- Is it okay to get a headache when you get a popped blood vessel in your eye?
- How to get pregnant when a man has slow sperm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get rid of a staph infection when it seems to be all over your house?
- How to tell when a toe is getting infected?
- How to get rid of red spots when you pop a blackhead?
- At what age does a guy have to have a rectal exam
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free