Doctor insights on:
When Sperm Hits The Air Does It Die
NO: This may be a misconception for couples using the "pull out method" for contraception. Sperm may not be viable for long "out in the air" however, if you are using the pull out method for contraception, normal sperm are very active and strong swimmers, so even if most of ejaculation happens after "pull out" and , even small amounts left close to the vagina, can make a bee line to the womb. ...Read more
When sperm is: dried out - it is no longer functional / alive. ...Read more
Do sperms die when it hits air?How much is the sucess rate of home insemination compared with normal intercourse?Will it affect baby anyway?
No; air doesn't kill: Exposure to "air" does not kill sperm. And, at home "insemination" (placing semen/sperm into the vagina) is no better than intercourse: it will, also, not be as successful as actual artificial insemination since the treatment (better selection) of sperm, and placement further up (eg to cervical plug or into the uterine cavity) will be more accurate in approximating the sperm to the egg. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does sperm die when it hits the air?
- Does semen die when it hits air?
- Once sperm hits the air is it dead
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does a woman feel when sperm is fertilizing the egg?
- What does it mean when the whites of your eyes are yellow?
- What does it mean when one of your testicles is much larger than the other?
- What does it mean when you get a nasty smell from the vagina?
- Talk to a urologist online for free