Doctor insights on:
When Someone Is Said To Have Emotional Problems What Does That Actually Mean
"Emotional Problems": I agree with dr. Chen and the possibilities he raises. But this term is so wide it defines little, and you would need to ask the speaker what s/he means. There are myriad ways that we can experience, display, and respond to hurt -- often resulting in behaviors that we later regret. That said, we've all known people who go "off" with little provocation -- or maybe we even are that person! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Emotions affect body: Our emotional functioning is directly related to our physical health. For example, high levels of stress affect physical outcomes such as high blood pressure and, even cardiovascular performance. There is lots of data showing that emotional functioning affects physical health. ...Read more
You need counseling: Call your local Mental Health Center and get an appointment with a counselor as soon as you can. There is help available, don't give up until you find it! Good luck! ...Read more
Seek low cost alt.: Depending on where you are living, there may be a free or low cost health care center that provides care to uninsured patients. Also, many of the universities that have psychology departments offer low cost counselling for a range of mental health issues. This is a great place to receive excellent care for little cost. ...Read more
Not exactly.: Some individuals will experience transient depression or mood changes as part of their migraine premonitory symptoms—however it is not thought that migraines cause psychiatirc conditions. Rather it is believed that a common biology related to shared genetic susceptibility leads to the increased comorbidity ( depression and migraine tend to co-occur). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when someone is said to have a slow metabolism?
- My optician said i have high eye pressure what does this mean
- What does an enlarged kidney actually mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My doctor said i had acute gastroenteritis what does this mean
- What does it mean when someone has symptoms of pain around the belly?
- What does it mean when someone has black spots in bowel movement?
- What does it mean when someone has vaginal discharge everyday?
- Talk to a psychologist online for free