Doctor insights on:
When Should I Take An Antidiarrheal
Yes: The strains of e.Coli that cause travelers diarrhea can be treated with the antibiotics Cipro or rifaximin. Antidiarrheal can be taken for symptoms. In the past there was some concern that antidiarrheals would prolong the infection, but that does not seem to be the case. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: An anti-diarrhoeal drug (or anti-diarrheal drug in american english) is any medication which provides symptomatic relief for diarrhoea. ...Read more
See a doctor: It is not safe to use over-the-counter antidiarrheals for chronic diarrhea without first seeing a doctor and being checked out. There are several serious conditions such as cronh's disease and celiac disease that need to be investigated if your doctor sees fit. The best thing to do in the meanwhile is to stay hydrated. Certain foods such as bread, bananas, rice etc can help. Avoid simple sugars. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Was prescribed .125mg hyoscyamine for constipation, but this is an antidiarrheal; my constipation has worsened. Any idea why this was prescribed?
Yes, depending...: Yes, depending on which medication you are taking. If you are taking a medication like Lomotil, (diphenoxylate hydrochloride and atropine sulfate),it definitely can. Lomotil is an anticholinergic medication which slows the movement of the bowels but can also cause difficulty urinating. If you are having trouble urinating, stop the medication and if your symptoms do not resolve, see your doctor. ...Read more
I have chronic diarrhea accompanying extreme abdominal pain w my ibs. Antidiarrhea pills have been working good. Anything else I can do for flare ups?
What other than Loperamide, can stop D. Chronic, need something I can take for a long journey coming.Plan on fasting to see if it helps? Unknown seehx
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many milligrams of amoxicillin should i take for an abscess tooth?
- How much cephalexin should i take for an upper respiratory infection?
- When can i take a bath after an endometrial biopsy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many times in a day should i take an antibiotic for uti?
- Should i take methotrexate when i have a cold
- When should i take mega men performance vitapak
- When should i take my baby with a fever to dr
- When should i take an hiv test