Doctor insights on:
When Should I Seek Medical Attention For A Severe Finger Jam
Great pain; crooked: Treatment for a jammed finger includes: rest, cold packs, & elevating that hand up to the chest. Motrin or advil for 3 days helps reduce the swelling & pain. One can "buddy splint" by taping the injured finger to the finger next to it for a few days. If the pain is severe, the finger crooked, or the range of motion significantly decreased, a primary or orthopedic doctor can evaluate & do an x-ray. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've been drinking anf I'm having feelings numbness and tingling in my fingers, why am I feeling these sensations and should I seek medical attention?
How much drinking?: Alcohol can cause a condition called neuropathy usually described by people as numbness/tingling in the fingers/toes. However, this occurs usually over long periods of time & more than social usage. So, unless you've been using alcohol since age 3- I doubt that's the cause. Nevertheless, there are other reasons for the symptoms in someone your age. If they persist then, you should see a doctor. ...Read more
If i was stuck with a cactus needle removed needle from finger hurts and already on antibiotics do I still need to seek medical attention ?
See a rheumatologist: The best advice is to have the problem evaluated by a rheumatologist. ...Read more
Should I seek medical for a numb finger? Is it ok to wait 2-3 days to see if it goes away by itself?
My fingers suddenly started smelling like garlic, and i definitely have not eaten or been around garlic in the past few days. Medical cause for this?
Today I accidentally shot a small metal staple into my finger at work. I didn't have a chance to wash the wound after it bled. Do I need medical help?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When should an itp patient seek emergency medical attention
- When should i take my baby to the doctor for a fever
- What should i look for when choosing a joint brace to use while playing sports?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When should i have my period after having a medical miscarrage
- When should i seek help for my headaches
- When should i seek help for headache symptoms
- When should i see a doctor for high blood pressure
- When should i seek medical attention for a finger injury