Doctor insights on:
When Should I Seek Medical Attention For A Severe Finger Jam
Great pain; crooked: Treatment for a jammed finger includes: rest, cold packs, & elevating that hand up to the chest. Motrin or Advil (ibuprofen) for 3 days helps reduce the swelling & pain. One can "buddy splint" by taping the injured finger to the finger next to it for a few days. If the pain is severe, the finger crooked, or the range of motion significantly decreased, a primary or orthopedic doctor can evaluate & do an x-ray. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've been drinking anf I'm having feelings numbness and tingling in my fingers, why am I feeling these sensations and should I seek medical attention?
How much drinking?: Alcohol can cause a condition called neuropathy usually described by people as numbness/tingling in the fingers/toes. However, this occurs usually over long periods of time & more than social usage. So, unless you've been using alcohol since age 3- I doubt that's the cause. Nevertheless, there are other reasons for the symptoms in someone your age. If they persist then, you should see a doctor. ...Read more
If i was stuck with a cactus needle removed needle from finger hurts and already on antibiotics do I still need to seek medical attention ?
See a rheumatologist: The best advice is to have the problem evaluated by a rheumatologist. ...Read more
Should I seek medical for a numb finger? Is it ok to wait 2-3 days to see if it goes away by itself?
My fingers suddenly started smelling like garlic, and i definitely have not eaten or been around garlic in the past few days. Medical cause for this?
Jammed finger: You need to make sure that there is no fracture nor any significant ligament or tendon injury. Check with your doctor to find out for sure. If diagnosis is correct, range of motion exercises are extremely important. Modalities to reduce swelling include ice, elevation, and nsaids. Heat helps warm up and loosen joint aiding in range of motion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When should i seek help for headache symptoms
- When should i seek help for my headaches
- When to seek medical advice for gangrene
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Type of doctor should i seek for nasal problems deviated septum maybe
- What finger should i use when i do a fingerstick test?
- When should i have my period after having a medical miscarrage
- When should i unwrap the medical tape from my sprained wrist
- When should i seek medical attention for a finger injury