Doctor insights on:
When Should Bowel Movements Return To Normal After Colonascopy
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Is it normal to have an absence of a bowel movement for a number of days occur after a colonoscopy?
Yes, the bowel pres: Probably cleaned you out so well that no stool is left to come out for a few days. If you are passing flatus, don't worry, stool will come. ...Read more
Is it normal after having a colonoscopy to eat a sandwhich and have a bowel movement 10 hours later multiple times?
Yes: colonoscopy is there to examine the colon, one that has been cleaned out by oral meds such as GoLYTLY. This usually cleans out most of the bowel but more proximally in the rt. colon and distal small bowel residual food products persist. Eating a sandwhich and having a bowel movement 10 hrs later especially if multiple doesn't represent the digested sandwich but the residual content after prep. ...Read more
Two or three: Days. If you don't return to normal after that, consult your GI specialist. I hope they didn't find anything serious up there. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When will my bowels return to normal after a colonoscopy
- How long should it take my body to return to normal after egg retrieval?
- When should you return to work after an ectopic pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How rapidly should my systolic pressure return to normal after exercise?
- How quickly should your pulse return to normal after exercise?
- When should i return back to work after having swine flu
- When should you return to work after etopic pregnancy
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online