Doctor insights on:
When Oxygen Enters The Respiratory System What Is The Next Structure
Treatments.: Respiratory therapists provide treatments of all types; some requiring machines call ventilators. If you have 'pulmonary'(lung) concerns then speak with your doctor; you may need to see a lung doctor(pulmonologist). ...Read more
How long should someone with respiratory failure be given 2liters prn oxygen. Each time the person either appears to be in distress or their 02 saturation levels fall
Depends: Most likely its not enough oxygen to compensate for the resp failure. There are some cases where someone who has severe COPD and the o2 may suppress respirations because in these people the elevated co2 is not what drives respirations since they live at such high levels. Most likely your are describing someone who needs an o2 mask or a breathing tube to get the o2 to the tissues/brain/heart. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My father is about 45 years old and have respiratory problem while talking oxygen in while sleeping.
My son is 4 and weighs 34lbs he has an upper n lower respiratory infection he also has asthma oxygen level is 91 is that normal?
SeekEvaluationToday!: The oxygen saturation of 91% is lower than we like to see generally speaking. Given his history of asthma in addition to his current respiratory infection he really needs to be evaluated either in the pediatrician's office today (or the ED if unable to get appointment). It may be that you just need to increase the frequency of his asthma meds, but only after a thorough evaluation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My oxygen sats are at 86% I'm asthmatic and suffer respiratory bronchiolitis secondary to smoking I'm very weazy should I got to the local hospital?
Yes: thats a low sat at rest so yes go to the emergency room for an eval ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Gross structure of the respiratory system
- Pathway of oxygen in the respiratory system
- What happens when water enters a tracheostomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the respiratory system doing when someone is jogging?
- Identify the structures and functions of the parts of the respiratory system
- What organs are in the respiratory system?
- What is the purpose of the respiratory system?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free