Doctor insights on:
When Oxygen Enters The Respiratory System What Is The Next Structure
Treatments.: Respiratory therapists provide treatments of all types; some requiring machines call ventilators. If you have 'pulmonary'(lung) concerns then speak with your doctor; you may need to see a lung doctor(pulmonologist). ...Read more
How long should someone with respiratory failure be given 2liters prn oxygen. Each time the person either appears to be in distress or their 02 saturation levels fall
Depends: Most likely its not enough oxygen to compensate for the resp failure. There are some cases where someone who has severe COPD and the o2 may suppress respirations because in these people the elevated co2 is not what drives respirations since they live at such high levels. Most likely your are describing someone who needs an o2 mask or a breathing tube to get the o2 to the tissues/brain/heart. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son is 4 and weighs 34lbs he has an upper n lower respiratory infection he also has asthma oxygen level is 91 is that normal?
SeekEvaluationToday!: The oxygen saturation of 91% is lower than we like to see generally speaking. Given his history of asthma in addition to his current respiratory infection he really needs to be evaluated either in the pediatrician's office today (or the ED if unable to get appointment). It may be that you just need to increase the frequency of his asthma meds, but only after a thorough evaluation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Does increasing oxygen work if patient is in respiratory distress and if they have low hemoglobin?
My oxygen sats are at 86% I'm asthmatic and suffer respiratory bronchiolitis secondary to smoking I'm very weazy should I got to the local hospital?
Yes: thats a low sat at rest so yes go to the emergency room for an eval ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the purpose of the respiratory system?
- What is the secondary function of the respiratory system with the urinary system?
- What is the function of the nose in the respiratory system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the most likely reason for clicking in my throat when i swallow?
- What happens when the inr level is too high?
- What does it mean when one of your testicles is much larger than the other?
- What is the pressure on my cervix when not pregnant?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free