Doctor insights on:
When Is Morphine Prescribed For Pulmonary Fibrosis
No and Yes: At this time the only curative intervention for pulmonary fibrosis is lung transplantation. There are no medications that have been proven to cure the disease. Some medicines may help (such as steroids, n-acetylcysteine and pirfenidone) slow the disease however. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: As the disease progreses air exchange is lessenend you would feel short of breath. In addition pressure at the pulmonary vasculature increases a commonly used agent is Revatio which is sildefanil (viagra) used for erectile dysfuction. . Decreses pulmonary vessel pressure. Avoidance of smoke and other inhaled irritants is paramount ! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Typically, patients are in their forties and fifties when diagnosed. Pulmonary fibrosis could be idiopathic (unknown cause), or due to asbestosis, silicosis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, lupus (sle), sarcoidosis, certain medications, radiation and many more. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If I can exercise less and less over the past few months does that mean I have pulmonary fibrosis?
Supportive care: Supplemental oxygen, good nutrition and breathing exercises may be of benefit. There is currently no effective treatment to prevent worsening of most pulmonary fibrosis. N-acetyl cyteine supplements are currently being studied along with a medication called perfenidone to see if outcomes are different. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
You can't.: Pulmonary fibrosis means scar tissue has been deposited in the lungs and this cannot be removed or repaired. Currently there is no effective treatment for the most common forms of pulmonary fibrosis. Lung that is injured can sometimes repair back to normal without fibrosis and some medications are being studied that may have benefit. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is life expectancy for a patient with pulmonary fibrosis?
- Is the british climate be good or bad for pulmonary fibrosis?
- Is it normal for a feeding tube to be used for pulmonary fibrosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is methrotrexate a causative factor for pulmonary fibrosis?
- What is the most likely reason for clicking in my throat when i swallow?
- Is listerine good for your gums when you already have a bad gum disease?
- When is it too late for a tetanus shot
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free