Doctor insights on:
When Is It Safe To Resume Power Walking After An Amniocentesis
Amniocentesis is a procedure used to draw a sample of the amniotic fluid that surrounds and cushions the baby in the womb. This fluid contains cells that have been sloughed off of the developing fetus. Amniocentesis is most often used to detect genetic abnormalities, though the results can also reveal the baby's sex, gauge lung maturity (if done close to term), detect amniotic fluid infections, or ...Read more
Yes: There are 2 main reasons amniocentesis is done. Genetic amnio is done at 16-18 weeks, testing for down's or other chromosome problems. There is a 1 in 3-400 chance that you could lose a pregnancy because of it. The other reason is to test for the baby's lung ability to breathe well. This is generally done between 35-38+ weeks. The only risks are that you might deliver. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 5 weeks after c-section. Spotting a little when I run errands, walk a bit more. Is it safe to start to walk to loose weight?
Depends: On how well you are feeling. Also talk to your surgeon about the spotting. If you can tolerate it that will be a good idea ...Read more
Is it safe to do exercise (walking, dancing) if you have tachycardia?My resting bpm is 85-100 and when walking it goes up to 150.I want to lose weight
9 weeks post ankle orif took cast off at 6 weeks on phys therapy , now walking w/out crutches full rom not gained yet, is it safe to start biking in gym?
Your doctor may also suggest a safe exercise plan. Walking is usually the easiest type of exercise, but swimming or other low-impact exercises can work just as well. Exercise is an important way to keep blood sugar in control, and physical activity in pregnancy has been found to decrease the risk ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When is it safe to resume activities after an amniocentesis
- When is it safe to resume playing the piano after a scaphoid fracture is healed
- When is it safe to drink alcohol after gallbladder surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When is it safe to kiss after mono
- Is it safe to get pregnant right after an abortion?
- When is it safe to drink after gallbladder surgery
- Is it safe to have an amniocentesis if you test positive for group b strep?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free