Doctor insights on:
When Is It Safe For My Child To Sleep On Her Belly
After 6-12 months: Parents should put babies down to sleep on their backs, not on their tummies. Younger babies can't roll over yet, so they tend to stay on their backs (which is good, since the younger babies have a higher chance of sids). Older babies are able to roll back and forth, and they are also less likely to die of sids. So, parents don't have to get up at night just to check their babies' positions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: And depends how old. If it is a baby it is best to keep him in a play yard or crib, if it is a child who is used to a bed it should be fine as long as it does not deflate. Always put a cotton sheet on it, so you child won´t get to hot. ...Read more
I just got over a stomach virus now my husband has it. Is it safe for me to sleep in the same bed, will I catch it again?
Safe: you gave it to himGet a more detailed answer ›
Is it safe to sleep in recliner or propped during last weeks of preg? Sleep/laying solely on left side feels tiresome and achy. Belly is huge & heavy
Get comfortable: Grab some pillows and get comfortable in that recliner or any way that you can at 37 weeks. You have earned it! ...Read more
Varies : I don't put them down on their bellies until after a year of age. After they begin to turn over on their own around 4-5 mo the stastical risk of crib death has declined & i don't wake them to re-position them. ...Read more
Is it safe to sleep on my stomach while I have an enlarged spleen/liver from infectious mononucleosis?
Yes: Your body has quite a tolerance when it comes to illness & it would let you know if it didn't like sleeping on your belly by not allowing it. I'd avoid bicycle riding, jogging, or contact sports, anything where you could fall & traumatize both organs, until their swelling subsided. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When is it ok to put my baby to sleep on her side or belly
- Is it safe for my child to chew on pencils lead poisoning risk?
- When is it safe for my baby to sleep with a pillow
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to sleep on my belly while pregnant?
- When is it safe for my baby to sleep alone
- Is it normal for my baby to like sucking on her blanket?
- Is it safe to put baby oil on my belly while im pregnant?
- Talk to a pediatrician online