Doctor insights on:
When In The Heart Does Diastolic Pressure Occur
Which heart valvular disease is just associated with low diastolic blood pressure? (Systolic is good for instance 110)
What is the lowest heart beat rate that could be considered normal? Also please tell me what the lowest normal diastolic blood pressure is.
I thought diastolic blood pressure is the pulling of blood into the heart and systolic blood pressure is responsible for pushing it out. Am i right?
Not exactly: Your description of systolic is correct: it's the pressure generated by the contraction of the heart. But diastolic pressure, which is measured between heart beats when the heart is filling/not pumping reflects the integrity of the aortic valve and the elasticity of the arterial system, especially the aorta. ...Read more
High diastolic pressure in heart found during cardiac catheterization, what does it indicate and/or is further testing needed?
Heart pressure: This is likely diastolic dysfunction, which indicates a stiffness in the way your heart relaxes. The heart may also be thickened. Usual cause is hypertension, and it may be reversibile with treatment. Diastolic pressure at cath will also be elevated with an enlarged or weakened heart (heart failure). The doc that did your cath can explain why yours is elevated. ...Read more
Blood pressure: Your numbers are normal.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my diastolic pressure raise when i stand up?
- When does the ovulation occur
- When does ovulating occur
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Heart failure or congestive heart failure occurs when
- When does ovulation typically occur
- When does spina bifida occur
- When does postpartum depression occur
- Talk to a cardiologist online