Doctor insights on:
When In Pregnancy Are You More Susceptible To Colds
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Was outside & was very cold for about an hour and a half. I'm in early pregnancy. Could being cold for that long hurt the pregnancy or the baby? Help
Most likely not: Women's bodies are amazingly set up to protect a pregnancy, even in cold weather. First of all, the baby is in the exact core of your body. Second, you probably have an extra layer of "insulation" around your abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. The reason that women are put together this way is to make sure that any viable pregnancy has the best chance at success. I think your baby will be just fine. ...Read more
Some medications are: Considered safe to take during pregnancy the effects of other medications on your unborn baby are unknown especially during the first trimester halls Robitussin romilar trind-dm Vicks cough syrup saline nasal drops or spray actifed dristan neosynephrine sudafed tylenol (acetaminophen) or tylenol (acetaminophen) c warm salt water gargle *do not take "sa" (sustained action)forms or multi-symptom forms of these drugs. Good luck. ...Read more
Cold sx: pregnancy ?: Pregnancy in general produces more active growth in the lining of sinuses, and other mucus membranes. This can cause obstruction in breathing, and lead to a "runny nose" and sinus headaches. Ask your obstetric provider for advice in reduction of these symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can having asthma make you more susceptible to colds?
- If you have a heart attack are you more susceptible to more heart attacks
- Are children more susceptible to meningococcemia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there people more susceptible to malaria?
- Are preemies more susceptible to infection?
- Are preemies more susceptible to sids?
- Are there people more susceptible to pinworm?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online