Doctor insights on:
When Exposed To Dust Mites How Long Does Reaction Last
It depends...: On the amount and duration of exposure. If you're allergic to dust mites and you fluff up a pillow on the way to the washing machine, probably 30 minutes. If you sleep on a pillow without an allergy cover, the all-night-long exposure might last a couple of hours, or if you're highly allergic to dust mites, it might last all day.See 1 more doctor answer
Hard to say: Acute symptoms due to a specific exposure can last for one to two hours; less if treated immediately with antihistamines. But dust mite allergen is very common in the environment, so continued exposure throughout the night and day can cause continuous symptoms. If taking an antihistamine on a regular basis doesn't help, see your primary physician or allergist.
How long after treatment for dust mites does the rash last? My face and chest broke in a rash, it itches. He said I have been infected by dust mites
See a dermatologist: Not likely due to dust mites. They do not infect or bite. Look for the real diagnosis.See 1 more doctor answer
Can stress (or anything other than the allergen) be a factor in the frequency or severity of a dust mite allergic reaction?
Stress worsens: Our bodies are so complex, and we really only understand a fraction of how our bodies' systems interact with our environment. In general, chronic ongoing stress seems to worsen many illness. So yes, i'm sure stress has the potential to worsen allergy. It's good to make a concerted effort to lessen overall stress. See stress reduction techniques on health tap.See 1 more doctor answer
Can u send pictures of allergic reactions to wool? I been thinking bed bugs and dust mites but no signs of either?
Hmm!: Agree w dr. Klein. Bed bug bites may cause no symptoms or signs in some people. When there is a reaction, it may not show until several days after the bed bug has bitten. It can cause pink, swollen, itchy lesions on the skin. What can be telltale is when there is a linear track of lesions from sequential feedings – but that does not always occur. Here are some tell tale signs for bed bugs.See 1 more doctor answer
I have asthma and dust mite allergy for almost last 10 years.
Can I take levolin inhaler and cetrigine 10mg together for asthma and dust mite allergy?
Non specific: Asthma and allergy medicines would help control your symptoms, but if you are sure allergic to dust mites, you first need to avoid exposure as much as you can by using environmental control measures, and if still symptomatic, ask an experienced allergist whether you are a candidate for specific immunotherapy against dust mites, goodluck
Please see: HealthTap Tip Taps on this subject.Get a more detailed answer ›
Nothing to do: Dust mites are everywhere they really can't be avoided.
Dust elimination: If possible at all, stay away from wall-to-wall carpeting, fabric window drapes. For forced- air heating systems, apply filters on registers, if not, vacuum your carpets daily using a hepa filter. Wipe dust off all surfaces (no feather dusters). Keep away dust collectors - books, stuffed animals from bedrooms. Encase mattresses and pillows in dust-mite resistant material.
No, try yours: You can minimise only.Get a more detailed answer ›
Some options: Use dust mite covers on pillows and mattresses, hypoallergenic pillows, latex mattress, use a hepa vacuum cleaner, vapor steam cleaner, try a quality air purifier, dehumidifier, good filters for the furnace, avoid venetian blinds & try anti-allergen carpet cleaner (best not to have carpeting).
Yes: A vinyl dust cover will prevent dust mites from attaching to the mattress. If dust is an allergy issue add eucalyptus oil to the wash to kill dust mites.
Blood/or skin: That means you have IgE antibody to one or more of the mite allergens. However it does not by itself prove that you will have an allergic condition. Generally the bigger the skin test reaction, the higher the blood test result, the more likely you will have symptoms when challenged to mite allergens.
Dust: poorly defined: Dust is a mixture of many substances. Because it is poorly defined, we have stopped testing for it. House dust mites are tiny insects that live in dust in humid areas, also on beds and furniture. Dust is definitely irritating. If dust contains allergens from pets, pollen, chemicals etc, it can be both allergenic and irritating.See 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor online
- How long does a dust mite allergic reaction last?
- How long does a food allergic reaction last?
- How long does a drug allergic reaction last?
- How long does a skin allergic reaction last?
- How long does an allergic reaction last?
- How long does allergic reaction last?
- How long does a allergic reaction last?
- How long does a reaction to peanuts last?
- How long does dust mite allergy last?