Doctor insights on:
When Does The Placenta Attach
No, but...: Paraplacentas (succenturiate lobes) are uncommon variations of normal placentation that should not affect fetal growth/development. Rarely, they can predispose to vasa previa - a condition that could prove lethal to the fetus if the fetal vessels between the two placental lobes happen to cross the internal cervical os and the water breaks or preterm labor occurs. Please seek mfm advice asap! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I heard on an ultrasound if your placenta is on the left you are having a girl and if it's attached on the right then a boy. Is there truth to this?
Placenta accreta: Placenta accreta, percreta and increta are increasingly severe conditions where the placenta actually grows into the myometrium, or wall, of the uterus, making detachment at birth difficult if not impossible. Moms with this condition more often than not will require hysterectomies at the time of birth to avoid hemorrhage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had 20 week ultrasound. Midwife reported umbilical cord attached to the membrane of placenta. Is this serious?
In miscarriage, if amniotic sac attached with placenta passed in discharge, can umbilical cord also be visible?
How far along : That would depend how far along someone is when they miscarry. ...Read more
Doctor said that my placenta is attached near to my cervix. Is that means i can have placenta previa? Is that means c-section? I'm only 5months.
Too soon: At 5 months, it's too soon to say if your placenta will still be attached near your cervix when you are near to term. Sometimes, when the placenta is adjacent to or bordering the cervix at 5 months, the uterus grows and the placenta is far enough away at the time of delivery from the cervix that you can safely have a vaginal delivery! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When does the placenta attach to the uterus
- When does the placenta form during pregnancy
- When does the fertilized egg attach to the uterus
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is it called when the placenta attaches to the uterus?
- When sperm hits the air does it die
- What does it mean when your hair hurts at the roots?
- Does a woman feel when sperm is fertilizing the egg?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online