Doctor insights on:
When Does The Fertilized Egg Attach To The Uterus
Do the birth-control pills prevent fertilization or they just prevent the fertilized egg to attach to the uterus?
Multi - ways: Birth control pills work in many ways depending on the type (ie Progesterone only or combination pills). The main function is to stop ovulation from occurring. If no egg is released then there is no egg to fertilize. If this fails and an egg is made and released - the secondary defense is thinning the lining to prevent embryos from implanting. They also effect cervical mucus. ...Read more
Six days: Six days plus or minus a day or so. ...Read more
Only 2, max 3: They do not do multiple impants any more. ...Read more
When the egg leaves the ovarian, how long does it take to get to the uterus? And how long does it take to to fertilize once in the uterus?
Can you harvest my eggs for fertilization after menapause? Had hysterectomy (2001) but only had uterus removed. Still have fallopian tubes. Would like to have a baby. I am 58 years old. My daughter has volunteer to be surrogate.
It doesn't survive: If an egg fails to attach to the uterine wall the female will slough it off with the period. ...Read more
Once the fertilized egg reaches the uterus and starts to attach itself, does it take a few days to fully burrow into the uterus?
Once the fertilized egg reaches the uterus and starts to attach itself, how long does it take to completely attach? Will sex interfere with attachment
7-10 days: Implantation happens about 7-10 days after conception. Intercourse won't interfere with implantation. Best wishes! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when the fertilized egg attaches to the uterus?
- When does the placenta attach to the uterus
- Fertilized egg attaches to the uterine wall
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Implantation of a fertilized egg into the uterus
- Does a woman feel when sperm is fertilizing the egg?
- Implantation of a fertilized egg outside the uterus
- When does the placenta attach
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free