Doctor insights on:
When Does Fertilization Occur After Ovulation
Is it possible that there is a chance after ovulation for fertilization to occur? Does it not just disintegrate if its not fertilized with 12-24 hrs?
Can sperm still fertilize an egg 24 hours after ovulation? If yes, will the sperm need another 12 hours for the capacitation process?
Yes they can: Fertilization can definitely take place 24 hours after ovulation. The capacitation usually takes place shortly after ejaculation and is facilitated by the uterine environment. It doesn't take 12 hours to occur. If you don't want to worry about an unwanted pregnancy or hiv/std, be more careful and don't have unprotected sex. ...Read more
Yes: The 2 are unrelated. Change in cervical mucous is a local hormonal effect and occurs regardless of fertilization. ...Read more
Ovulation can be: Variable; I have seen it from cd 9 up to cd 25 in the office. The "usual" ovulation is close to cd 14 in a textbook 28-day cycle. You can generally get pregnant from about 2 (maybe 3) days before ovulation up to the day. If you get pregnant it is 1 day at most after ovulation; implantation always happens 6-7 days afterwards. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When does conception occur after ovulation
- When does ovulation occur after taking fertyl
- When does ovulation occur after your period
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When does ovulation occur after miscarriage
- When does ovulation bleeding occur before or after ovulation
- When does ovulation occur after an abortion
- How long after ovulation fertilization occur?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free