Doctor insights on:
When Do You Ovulate On Metformin
Ovulation: Metformin had been used in conjunction with Clomid (clomiphene) to stimulate ovulation in people with pcos. Metformin basically does not induce ovulation, more likely by adjusting Insulin level allows other natural hormones to act and aid ovulation. So if you ovulate under therapy you should ovulate somewhere between 14-16 days from your last menstrual period. ...Read more
Unlikely, but...: The answer is it does not usually work that fast, but it is possible if started at the right time in your bodies cycle (which is unpredictable by the nature of PCOS). Also, keep in mind many if not most women with PCOS do occasionally ovulate without treatment. I advise all of my patients to use protection if they do not want to get pregnant as soon as they start treatment! ...Read more
No guarantee: Metformin helps women with polycystic ovarian syndrome and Insulin resistance. By decreasing Insulin resistance it helps to regulate periods, and can help with ovulation, but the efficacy varies from person to person. Sometimes it works rapidly (within one month), but other times can take months to work, or may not work well enough alone, so that you require other treatment. ...Read more
Can i take metformin for ovulation i get my af each month n pre af syndrome each month does tht mean i ovulate every month i took Clomid (clomiphene) this month?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When in the month do you ovulate
- Do you ovulate when you are pregnant?
- When you ovulate do you discharge
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When do you ovulate with irregular periods
- When do you ovulate in a 30 day cycle
- Do you ovulate when your pregnant?
- When do you ovulate on 28 day cycle
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free