Doctor insights on:
When Do I Need To Give My Babies Vitamins
Yes: Breast fed babies require vitamins after 2 weeks because of the dependence of the baby on mom's nutritional status. Vitamin a, d and c may be lacking. Bottle fed babies do not require vitamins for the first 6 months. After 6 months theoretical healthy well balanced meals may obviate the need for vitamins. This is theoretical and since our water has no Fluoride we recommend a multivitamin with f. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Baby gets 8oz formula and about 22oz of breast milk. Do we still need to give vitamin D drops? Can I take extra Vitamin D to pass thru breast milk?
I am breast feeding and using formula for my 1 week old baby, do I still need to give her the vitamin K daily drop?
Vit D recommended: I think you may be referring to Vit D supplementation rather than K. This is a recommendation from the AAP and they do recommend that partially breast fed infants also receive Vitamin D. "The AAP recommends that all infants and children, including adolescents, have a minimum daily intake of 400 IU of vitamin D beginning soon after birth. Exclusively and partially breastfed babies should also ..; ...Read more
My baby is going through a stage where dhe isnt eating good should I give her vitamins like I use to?
Needs Change: Before 6 or so most kids eat what their brain tells them to (after 6 tv adds & bad habits often rule).The toddler drops from a 14 lb/yr to a 4 lb/yr growth rate & my expectation is they eat well 3-5 days/mo then nibble the rest.It is sad the "i don't wanna's" come along at the same time.Think of a balanced week not a balanced meal. If baby is growing nl try not to get in a food fight, u will lose. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fluoride : If you live in an area that doesn't have fluoride, you may want to supplement the formula with a fluoride. The formulas today, contain the required amounts of vitamins a.B.C.D.E.K and trace elements and minerals and additional supplementation for children who are feeding and growing well is not necessary. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i need to give my baby fluoride?
- Do i need to give my baby a helmet if he has a flat head?
- When do i know that i need to take my baby in for a hernia operation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i have a pain in my tush when i need to have a bowel movement?
- What vitamins do i need to stop my fingernails from splitting?
- What do i need to know about cefazolin before letting my doctor give it to me?
- What can i do to help my baby sleep when he has a cold?
- Talk to a pediatrician online