Doctor insights on:
When Can You Return To Work With A Fractured 5th Metacarpal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
My daughter is a gymnast and fractured her 4th metacarpal 4 1 2 weeks ago she was placed in a cast for 4 weeks and removed from it and now is in a splint because it did not heal told to return in 4 weeks but we are wonderingif she should be checked in 2 w
Metacarpal fx: There is no harm in returning in 2 weeks. Just tell the doctor you would feel more at ease with a new x-ray at 2 weeks instead of 4. There should be no problem. ...Read more
Is my 5th metacarpal bone fractured is it only really hurt when I leave on it or when I away my arm?
5th MCP: Your 5th metacarpal often gets injured or fractured if your strike something with that part of your hand. If it appears deformed or crooked or if it fails to line up with your other fingers, it may be fractured and you should have an XR. All the best and I hope it feels better. ...Read more
? Boxers' fracture: The commonest fracture of the 5th metacarpal is that of it's neck and is also known as the boxers' fracture. It can be easily handled as an office procedure by your hand surgeon. Other fractures may need surgical repair by placing plates and screws. Average healing time is usually 6-8 weeks but for a lot of hand fractures the splint/cast is only half that time and then rehabilitation is started. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Hi, I think I may have fractured my 5th metacarpal bone in my hand. Need help! Not sure if it is or not?
Is it true that you get a much stronger bone after completely recovering from Boxer's Fracture (5th Metacarpal Fracture) ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When can you return to work after a colonoscopy
- When can i return to work after having a loop diathermy
- When can someone return to work after a cardiac catheterization
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after getting a breast lift can you return to work?
- How long after getting a laparoscopic appendectomy can i return to work?
- Can you make a full recovery from trimalleolar ankle fracture with dislocation?
- How long after an abscess lance can you return to work?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free