Doctor insights on:
When Can You Drink After Retinal Detachment Surgery
Ask your surgeon: Ask your surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
The retina is the light sensitive layer in the back of the eye that transmits images to the brain via the optic nerves to create vision. If a hole or tear develops in the retina, eye fluids can separate the retina from underlying layer (choroid) . The most common cause of retinal holes or tears is traction from the vitreous, the clear gel that fils the inside of ...Read more
3-8 weeks.: Although less common, a short acting gas bubble in a relatively simple detachment can facilitate a shorter period of face down positioning. Surgeons use gases with different rates of absorption for this purpose. Usually drops continue for between two and four weeks, depending on situation. Finally, silicon oil can be used and no positioning at all is required but the oil must be removed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Limits eye movement: Your doctor may have patched both eyes so that you don't move your eyes. Depending on the situation, your doctor may have bilaterally patched you because both eyes move when you try to only move one eye. This type of patching is very uncommon nowadays. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
After a retinal detachment surgery the dr said i can go back to my professional boxing career after 6 months. What are my chances of another retina detachment in a fight after 6 months?
Risky: The fact that you have had a detachment already in one eye indicates an increased susceptibility to this event. Hopefully your re-attachement went well but inevitably the vision will be down a bit. Your risk for the other eye, is much higher than average and the risk of re-occurrence in the operated eye is much higher. You must carefully consider you boxing vs the high risk of blindness. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When can you start drinking again alcoholic beverages after a tonsillectomy
- When can you have sex after fibroid tumor surgery
- When can you have sex after ovarian cyst surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can you start drinking after a liver laceration
- How soon can you drink coffee after having heart valve surgery?
- Why do you need a patch for both eyes after retinal detachment surgery?
- When can you wear eye makeup after cataract surgery
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free