Doctor insights on:
When Can Someone Return To Work After A Cardiac Catheterization
Depends: Depends on what was done (ie just pictures or how many stents), was it done for a heart attack or electively, how was it done (groin or wrist), were there any complications, what type of work do you do, etc. Having said that, for routine procedures, i usually let patients with sedentary jobs return to work in 24-48 h or for heavy labor 48-72 hours. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This is a procedure where narrow, flexible tubes are inserted into a peripheral artery through a cut in the skin, and advanced to the heart. Dye can be injected through the catheters into the arteries of the heart to look for blockages ("angiogram"), or to measure pressure within the cardiac chambers ("right heart cath"). Arteries can be opened with balloons/stents at the ...Read more
Recovery from cardiac catheterization? My doctor is sending me for one and i need to know how much time to take off work to recover. Or can I go back the next day?
Depends: The test is done for various reasons such as to look at the coronary arteries or to evaluate valves. No blockages in the arteries, normal pressures, normal contraction of the heart, and no leakage or blocks in the valves would be a normal test. Well also normal size of the heart chambers, no clots or humors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chest pain / SOB: Cardiac cath is performed for a variety of reasons, but most typically to investigate possibility of plugging of vessels that feed the heart. This is usually manifested by symptoms that suggest a mismatch between oxygen demand of the heart and oxygen supply via the vessels. Chest pain, shortness of breath, intolerance of exertion are the most common symptoms that buy you a ticket to the lab. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When can you return to work after a colonoscopy
- When can someone return to exercise after having an oophorectomy
- When can i return to work after having a lumbar discectomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can i return to work
- When should someone stop consuming alcohol before cardiac catheterization
- How does someone best recover after a cardiac catheterization?
- How long after cardiac catheterization should someone wait to be intimate?
- Talk to a cardiologist online