Doctor insights on:
When Can I Use Tampons
I got an IUD (paragard) a few weeks ago, how likely is it to move out of place? Also when can I use tampons?
It can happen: Any inserted intrauterine IUD's can be expelled into the vagina or worse into to intra-,abdominal cavity through the uterine wall. That is why healthcare personnel strongly encourages the patient to frequently check the cervix(through the vagina) for the string especially after a menstrual period. Worse case scenario: too long IUD string wrapped around tampon with simultaneous removal of both. ...Read more
6-7 weeks ago: Essentially, you can do whatever you normally do including using tampons after 6 weeks, traditionally. ...Read more
Yes!!!: Yes, of course. Start with a small size. Read the directions - you may want to use a small mirror the first time. The first one or two will not be super comfortable, but don't worry, you'll get used to them very quickly and they're so much more convenient than pads. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When should i use a tampon
- Can i use tampons with nuvaring?
- Can i use tampons after an abortion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i use a tampon while pregnant?
- Can i use tampons with a yeast infection?
- Can i use a tampon with yeast infection cream?
- Can't use a tampon
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free