Doctor insights on:
When Can I Stop Burping My Baby
Comfortable: You can stop once you see the baby appears comfortable and you can no longer elicit any burps. ...Read more
I just had a baby at 34 weeks. Whenever it's time to burp him, my arms get really weak and makes me constantly stop. What is going on?
My premature baby, born at 32 weeks and now 4 weeks old, has just come home from the nicu. We notice she stops breathing while burping.
Mgt/workup: Premature infants are developing their pattern of breathing, and it is not uncommon to have short pauses. If there is a pause longer than 15 seconds or any distress/color change, an apnea test can be useful in determining the cause. If there is a pattern during sleep, observe your daughter for pauses, and discuss with your PCP. Note any upper airway noise or movement of her arms/legs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It can vary: It is impossible to tell how many taps it may take to make a baby burp. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i fly with my baby when she has a cold?
- When can i start feeding my baby oatmeal cereal
- How can i reduce my withdrawal symptoms when i stop taking hydrocodone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exercise can i do to make my hips stop hurting when i walk on the treadmill?
- What can i do to help my baby stop wheezing?
- I am getting pains on my sides when i breathe what can i do to stop this
- When can i give my baby a bubble bath
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online