Doctor insights on:
When Can I Drive After Surgery
When to drive: As soon as you are off pain medications etc., and the doctor clears you for that activity. ...Read more
Ask your doctor: Ask the orthopedist who performed the surgery, not someone on the internet who has no idea exactly what specifics the surgery addressed and where you are in your rehab. ...Read more
Bring a driver: The most common form of anesthesia during cataract surgery is intravenous sedation. The effects can last for several hours, and patients are essentially "drunk". It is not safe to drive for at least 6-12 hours after having sedation, and most ophthalmologists will advise their patients not to drive for up to 24 hours. You will often not be allowed to leave the surgery center without a driver. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: If the surgery is on your right foot it will be several weeks if on the left foot then you can drive after you have stopped taken pain meds. As long as your car does not have a clutch. ...Read more
I just been diagnosed with chondromalacia paletta. It's severe enough that after 6 weeks of pt more likely surgery. If so, how long before able to drive?
see ORS: Chondromalacia of the patella is an extremely common dx. And should be treated non-operatively for longer than 6 wks. In my experience.Nsaids, isometric quads strengthening, wt.Loss, and other modalities are helpful.Surgery is not always 'curative'...Seek 2nd opinion before surgery. Good luck! ...Read more
When will i be able to drive after lasik surgery? I have heard that i cannot drive the day of my surgery. How soon after lasik will i be able to drive?
After cervical fusion, how long before i can drive? How long does it take after a cervical fusion surgery before i can drive or go back to work?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When can i go back to work after mortons neuroma surgery
- Removing bandages after carpal tunnel release surgery
- When can i wear a tampon after laparascopy surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can i have sex after a ovarian cyst surgery
- When can i to to movie theater after a lasik eye surgery
- When can i go back to work after carpal tunnel surgery
- When can i masterbait after a hydrocele surgery
- When can i drive again after carpal tunnel release surgery